Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Games Hankie Plays

Hank has really latched on to the idea of playing games and we are constantly coming up with new ones. Last night we played a game he "invented" that we are going to call Tackle Hug. I sit on the floor in the middle of the room. Hank backs up to the wall, revvs his engines, and then runs at me full steam ahead, tackles me, and gets a HUUUUGE hug. Rinse and repeat.

Last night we did this for about fifteen minutes straight. Over and over. The more we did it, the more excited we both got. At his most excited, Hank scampered to the side of the room, turned to me, started to get ready to run and tackle me, and exclaimed, "Hank LOOOOOVE HUGS!!!"
me: "I love hugs, too!!!"
Hank: "I love you!!!!!!!!!!"
Me: "I love you, too!!!!!"
Hank: "I love you I love you I love you!!! Hank tackle mama!!!"

It is a great game.

Earlier in the evening, Hank found me in the bathroom. He was dragging with him one of my sneakers, one of Henry's hiking boots, and a guitar. "THEEEEERE'S mama!!"

No comments: