Thursday, March 11, 2010

Some more Hankisms

I feel like I must cherish every last drop of "baby" that is left in my precious boy, so here are a few more Hankisms that are still peppered here and there in Hank's speech.

oiange = orange
"happy balanz card" = happy valentines day card (a musical card he loves that plays "you are my sunshine" with a very happy sunshine and rainbow on the front)
Sampansisco! = San Francisco, as in "Do you know where mommy works?"

Branwyn informs me from London that "I wiggle!!" is an enduring Hankism in the Darlington household, following reading Hank the Matisse Dance For Joy book when they visited last summer.

Not really a Hankism, but when I pick him up from day care now, he exclaims with glee, "I MISS you today!!". He also has this sweet habit of coming up to me now, gluing himself to my legs, looking up with big eyes and saying, "I want to snuggle with mommmmmy." How to resist? One usually cannot.

3 comments:

brandarling said...

'I wiggle!' - best with wiggling arm and hip motion :)

That kid rocks.

John Hernandez said...

Yeah it really rocks...

Seattle Home

Anonymous said...

That kid is too cool!

Seattle Home