Tuesday, October 9, 2007

October -- 33 Weeks



Well, I just keep getting bigger and bigger.... I keep feeling like there is no way I can get any bigger, but we've still got several weeks to go, so I guess I still have to get bigger! Henry took this picture last Thursday afternoon. We each played some hooky that day to help with the wedding rehearsal for our friends Beth and Chris, who got married the following Saturday. After the rehearsal, which was at a winery up on Skyline in San Mateo County, we had some time to kill before the rehearsal dinner, so Henry and I popped down the other side of the hill to spend a little time at San Gregorio Beach. We got there at about 5:30 and the light was really something else. There were tons of birds flying about, and the waves were just crashing. It was gorgeous.





We had enough time to take in the ocean and snap a few quick pictures, but then we had to turn around and get back to Menlo Park for the rehearsal dinner.


But not before Henry tried to get around the mucky lagoon and get to the actual beach. I waited with some driftwood.


It was a terrific wedding. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures, though! Henry was acting as the videographer, and I actually got to be the officiant and actually marry my friends together. Whenever anyone asks me to do this, it is such an honor and a pleasure, and this was no exception. I've known Beth for several years now, and I just adore her. So to get to take a role like this in her wedding was really something special for me. And I guess I did a good job, because several guests thought I was a hired gun! There was much laughing when they found out that what I really do is get people divorced all day... Which of course got me thinking...


The next day, Sunday, we went down to the South Bay again (three times in one week is a lot for me! thankfully we've got a Prius) for the wedding brunch, which was also fun. Chris' groomscake was an elaborate reproduction of a BNSF locomotive in chocolate cake and fondant. And it had been saved for the brunch. So of course we had to go have a slice... After the brunch Beth and Chris were off to New Zealand for their honeymoon. We're all assuming they made it there in one piece because they promised we wouldn't be hearing anything from them until they get back home at the end of October.


And then it was back to work on Monday. Henry and I are both feeling a lot of pressure and stress at work, and are both looking forward to our leaves coming up. It is probably counter productive, but we are each counting the days until our leaves begin. There is still so much that needs to be done around here, but I just have to trust that this baby will stay put long enough for us to get all that stuff done before it comes roaring out. It would also be easier to fathom being ready if I could JUST FEEL OK PHYSICALLY for more than 10 minutes at a time. But at this point I don't think that is going to happen. Too bad, so sad... Today I was feeling not so good in a new way -- a little crampy, with some aching in my low back, but I didn't really feel any contracting, so I decided not to worry about it. If I'm still feeling that tomorrow, I guess I'll have to call Kaiser, of course they'll just want to drag me in and hook me up to the monitors. Now watch, I'll call them, go in for monitoring, and find out I'm exhibiting signs of preterm labor. I hope not, but that might get my leave started sooner than we've planned. hmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG you look so beautiful!