Wednesday, March 5, 2008

hee hee... cats!


Hank has been hanging out with me in the bedroom in the mornings as I get dressed. I've finally stopped stressing over the cats being in close proximity to him. They all notice each other, but no-one seems that interested in the other, so all is well in that department. I like this picture -- all our pets are in one place, and they all look happy :)

So what has been going on this week? I can barely remember... Today was Hank's 16th Week-Iversary, so nearly four months old! We celebrated with an outing to Tumble and Tea, a great play-cafe where kids can run wild and mamas can kick back with coffee or even a real meal. We also got to see Melissa and go for a little stroll and some lunch together. It was great to be able to send her off with some of Hank's outgrown clothes, too, for her to hold on to for her twins. I'm going to make some blankets for them -- just need to get some batting and I can get them put together.

I've been enjoying sewing. I conquered my fear of sewing stretchy fabrics, and made him some hats. I want to make him some bibs (he is like a faucet of drool these days), the blankies for the twins, a storage bag for one of my baby carriers, and I had a couple of other things in mind as well, but I can't remember what right now. I should make a crazy quilt, just to blow through some of my stash of fat quarters!

Oh, something fun we did over the weekend -- we went house hunting! We actually zeroed in on a neighborhood and visited several open houses. Luckily we didn't walk away from anything thinking "we MUST make an offer this second!!!", but we also luckily walked away thinking "we are going to be able to find a house that will work for us!" It was actually really fun, and we are now looking forward to working with an actual realtor who can actually get us in to a house.

Anyhoo, I am so tired. Hank sleeps really well, but he still generally has one wakeup a night, and I'm now going on four months of broken sleep. I'm worried that it is starting to frazzle me, and I'm really wishing I could just knock myself out with an ambien and call it a night. No such luck... I'm going to try to stay up though -- the Project Runway finale is tonight. Just sixteen weeks ago I had just given birth to Hank and we were all curled up in our hospital room, delighted to discover that the hospital room got Bravo so we wouldn't miss the season premiere... I remember even sending the audiologist away when she came to give Hank a hearing test right before the show started. I actually said to her, "we're about to watch Project Runway, could you come back later?" She looked at us like we were nuts....

No comments: