Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Six Month-iversary

Dear Little Hank --

In exactly twenty minutes you will be exactly six months old. Where has the time gone, little puppy? It has really been flying by, probably because we've been having so much fun. These days you are working so very hard to crawl. This had you really frustrated for a couple of weeks, but then you realized that you could simply roll from place to place to get to wherever you wanted to go. I've seen you do this now to get to certain toys, to tip over your wagon (and spill all the toys it holds onto the floor), to get closer to your bottle, and to just get from one place to another. You always looks so proud and happy with yourself when you manage to snag whatever it is you've been trying to reach. You have recently become a big fan of toys on wheels.

You sit up in your little red seat pretty well, now, and eat tons of different fruits and vegetables. A few days ago I gave you a sippy cup of water for the first time. I wasn't sure what you would think of that, but you seemed to really enjoy it -- you grab the cup and instinctively know it is something to drink from. I had heard stories of babies choking on water or refusing it all together, but not you -- you seem to be slurping quite a bit of it up these days, and you grin while you do it. You barely need my help.

You are such a smiley, vocal baby these days. You constantly make happy, high pitched shrieks. Each time you start on a "conversation" I find myself wishing I had a tape recorder running, because your "vocabulary" is constantly changing, and I hate to think that someday I won't remember all your wonderful baby sounds.

Your daddy and I love you so, so, very much, Hank. We don't know where we would be without you, and can't imagine life without you. In six more months you'll be a whole year old! I marvel that we've gotten this far, and am delighted that things just keep getting better.

Lots and Lots of Love and Smooches,
Mommy

No comments: