Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Hank!


Happy Hank!, originally uploaded by allthingssara.

Well, I've done it again -- I've let over two weeks slide by without an update to Hank's adoring fans... whoops! Where does the time go??

Thought I'd post a picture of Hank's lovely, gummy, smiley face, because I'm pretty sure that it is going to look a lot different soon. The teething drama that began when he was three and a half months old kicked it up a notch a few days ago and I swear I felt a corner of a tooth poking out from his top, center gums (I think it was the top, left tooth). We were trying to get him down to bed, and I was PMSing, and I just started bawling, squeezing Hank, not believing how fast time has been going by, just overcome with love for him, and a strong, strong wish to pause it all so we can just enjoy him just the way he is for a little bit longer.

I think the last time I posted I noted that he is just hitting developmental milestones like crazy, and that hasn't stopped. He's learning and discovering new skills left and right. It is constantly blowing all our minds. He mastered crawling, so now he's working on sitting and on picking toys out of his toybox himself. He eats everything he's offered, and likes it all. He reaches for me when he wants something from me, he recognizes the sound of my voice over the phone. He sits in his high chair at the table with us -- happy as a clam. Watching him discover his sense of self-determination is completely awesome. When we go to movies at the Cerrito for Baby Brigade he sits on the couch with us, like a little boy -- he hangs out and watches the movie (until he remembers he's a baby and wants to climb us/be held/have a baba/conk out for a nappy-nap). Both Henry and I look at him now and can really picture what he's going to be like as a toddler, and as a little boy, and it is almost too exciting to think that we created -- we MADE -- this funny, smart, teeny weeny person.

Last week the grandmas were lobbying hard for Hank to have his first hair cut. Ok, so, whatever, he kind of looks like a little hippie, and some people have started to mistake him for a girl, but whatever... We almost caved to the pressure, but when I realized that Henry didn't want Hank's hair to be cut yet, either, we put our collective foot down. No haircut. Not yet. That crazy hair is way too cute.

Now that Hank's a little more self sufficient I've been getting crafty again, and it has been so fun. One of my projects got noticed on Flickr and a crafty blogger linked to it. That was so rad! I couldn't figure out why so many people had looked at this one picture, and where all the comments were coming from, then I figured out that the picture had been linked on a blog as something the blogger had seen and really liked. I was really flattered, and it gave me the incentive I've been needing for a while to start the process of opening an etsy shop to sell different things I make. I know, I know... in all my spare time, right? Well, I figure it will give me some incentive to make time for myself to do creative things, which I've really been needing to do. I'm also really excited about the prospects. I have no idea if it will be a success or a bust, but it should be fun, no matter what, and in any event I might learn a thing or two, which is never a bad thing.

No comments: