Monday, August 18, 2008

First Sale!

Yippee!!

I've sold something on Etsy! An order came in this afternoon for a sign for a little girl named Maisie. I can't wait to get Hank to bed tonight so I can get cranking on it.

I haven't been working much on my shop -- in that I have hardly been doing any promotion, so I am psyched to finally get a sale. It gives me more incentive to execute some of the ideas that have been floating around in my head; mainly several marketing things I've been thinking about but haven't done. I also need to take photographs of everything I've made in the last couple of weeks (Blankies!! Blocks!! Stuffed animals!!) and write some new listings. Very fun.

I've also been working on a recipe for baby lotion and baby powder. I learned how to make body butter a couple of weeks ago and got really fired up about bath products. I had no idea how simple it is to make safe, natural bath products. Since Hank was born I've been trying to get the pthalates out of our home, which is what inspired me to try making a couple of things myself. I was surprised by how interesting I've found the learning process.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Congrats on your first sale Sara! That is awesome. --Janelle