Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday

Oh I love fridays. They make all the stress of the rest of the week seem totally worth it. Even though Hank has started to have some pretty loud and intense tantrums, I still really love having a dedicated Hank day. This morning he was hanging out in our bed with me sing-songing "Kisses! Kisses! Kisses!" over and over and over again, and coming over for hugs and kisses. It was so sweet.

I'm so glad we've got such a sweet boy. He's so SWEET and NICE and HAPPY, we have such a good time. :)

He's so talkative -- I know I write that a lot in this blog, but it seems that he keeps getting more and more so. One of this week's gems came when I was trying to warm him up to the idea of getting ready for bed. I asked him, "Hank! Are you sleepy?" He cackled, as if that were the funniest thing he'd ever heard, and then said, "I NOT seepy!!" and then ran off cackling.

He's also saying lots of things like "Mama got it!" when I've picked something up.

This has nothing to do with talking, but he's figured out how to open the fridge and the first thing he does in the morning is run into the kitchen, pull the fridge open, and then get out whatever it is he wants to eat. This morning he showed up in our bedroom with a huge tub of yogurt (hello, giant mess waiting to happen!) and a box of his beloved blueberries. He always leaves the fridge open, of course. But if we ask him if he left it open, he runs back to the kitchen and shuts it.

He's going to get so mad in the morning when he finds out we put a baby lock on the fridge.

No comments: