Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One Year Old!!


Birthday Party, originally uploaded by allthingssara.

Dear Beckett --

Today you are ONE. We had a party a few days ago on a Saturday to celebrate, and it was fun. I made a lemon cake for you -- Hank picked the flavor -- and covered it with candy sprinkles, and stuffed it full of raspberries. I think you liked it!

You are coming into your second year as a little one who loves to play the drum, tinkle the keys on the piano, tumble with his big brother, touch the cats even though they sometimes scratch in response. You babble up a storm still and have uttered a few words. Words that you've said, but not repeated very often are "kitty" and "Hank". You say "Mama" a lot, and "Dada", and occasionally you say "HIIII!" and "buh bye." Did I ever write down for you that your first word was "Hi"? You once looked down at Munchie, who was circling my feet meowing up a storm, and said to her, "meow??". You have a penchant for sneaking cat food into your mouth when we aren't looking, and you love toy cars.

Hank is a remarkable big brother to you. He relishes watching you grow and is so excited that you are big enough and strong enough to pay in forts with him and tumble all over the house with him. He helped pick out a play tent as your birthday present this afternoon, and watching the two of you enjoy it was a joy for me. And it was actually Hank who, this afternoon, noticed that your third tooth has finally decided to start coming in!

It was hard for me to admit that your birthday was coming up so quickly. I feel like I have been a bit protective of your precious babyhood, and I felt sad when I realized that this year was coming to a close. However, now that your birthday is here, I feel nothing but joy when I think about all the wonderful things I am going to get to experience anew through you. I say this to you a lot, but I hope you will always know that I am a very lucky mama.

xoxoxox,
Mommy

No comments: