Wednesday, May 16, 2012

time for a haircut


time for a haircut, originally uploaded by allthingssara.

A few weeks ago I finally had to admit that it was time for my beautiful boy's hair to be cut. It was down to his upper lip in front, and he had the long (lovely) tendrils that would curl under his ears. So lovely. Taking him for that haircut was so, so hard. I cried for two days leading up to it, and all the way there in the car. My little baby has just gotten so big, so fast, and the impact of the passage of time was swift. Of course, in the end, getting his hair cut really was the best thing for him. He looks so grown up and happy, and I think those long locks were getting in the way of his vision, because when we got home that afternoon he went from pulling himself along the furniture to taking actual, unassisted steps. So grown up!

No comments: