Sunday, July 22, 2007

Shake Rattle and Roll!

I had the strangest dream on thursday night. I dreamed we had a teeny weeny pet bear with a long tail, sort of like a raccoon. I dreamed that the bear was running around our bedroom chasing a yellow plastic ball full of bells across our hardwood floors. Riley and Munchie got in on the action and they were all chasing the ball, making quite a racket. Then they all jumped up on our bed, shaking me awake. I did wake up, and the next thing I knew at 4.2 earthquake was, in fact, shaking its way across our neighborhood! It was terrifying! Riley hid under the bed and wouldn't com out for several minutes. I found Munchie hiding under Henry's desk in his office, whimpering. We comforted the cats, and checked around the apartment for damage. A few things had tumbled from the shelves, but thankfully nothing broke and we were all OK. Our neighbor came knocking to see if we were OK. Lights had come on all over the block. We switched on the TV to see if there was any news, and went to USGS.com to report in on their "Did You Feel It?" survey, and found we were the first to report in. It was still quite early in the morning, about 5a.m., so we decided to go back to bed and get a bit more sleep, but it sure did make for an exciting evening.

No comments: