Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What the....?????

So that fab doula who I was raving about in my last post just dumped us. She made up some bullshit excuse about being overbooked (which means she never should have taken a meeting with us to begin with), then alluded to "other reasons" she felt it would not be best to go forward with us, but saw no reason to "make things complicated" by explaining what those reasons are. She sucks. (I know. I am being very mature). And if anyone ever asks me if I know anything about her, I'll tell them all about this. I have half a mind to slam her all over the local pregnancy message boards, but I'm going to try to control myself.

I did some digging among my online network and it turns out a lot of people have had her do similar things to them. The prevailing theory is that she is in such high demand (which she is) that if you don't sign her when you meet her she loses interest in you and takes other clients without having the courtesy to check in with you first. Given the fact that we agreed that Henry and I would let her know our answer a week after our interview, she should have had more thoughtfulness than that. Instead she told us that she just hoped that we would have picked someone else, and then we wouldn't have to deal with this at all.

And of course now we are up a creek without a doula. We'll probably call the one we didn't hire and see if she would still be willing to work with us, but that will be an awkward conversation at best....

No comments: