Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Nice Weekend







We had a really nice weekend trip up to Lake Tahoe. One of Henry's coworkers got married on a beach in South Lake Tahoe on Saturday evening. We took advantage of the event to make a little get away out of it. We drove up on Friday night and spent Saturday loving the lake -- found a big, sandy beach with warm water and swam and swam. The water up there is so clear and beautiful. I swam out as far as I could get, and only turned back because I realized I was getting pretty close to where the boats were zipping past, and I had a feeling they were not going to have swimmers on their radar. It was so relaxing to flop around in the waves, do handstands and sommersaults, and float. I think that the baby was having a good time of it too. It was a great way to spend the afternoon, and made me truly question why people bother going toTahoe in the winter at all -- you can't enjoy the lake in winter! People were enjoying the outdoors all over the place -- biking, swimming, rafting on the rivers, boating and kayaking on the lake, camping and picnicking. Really it was quite wonderful.

The wedding was nice that evening, very low key and heartfelt. I got my first "are you pregnant?" comment, which was really cool and made me feel terrific. Actually, what he said was "I hope I am not about to make an enormous faux pas, but are you pregnant?"

On Sunday we got an eary start and stopped in Sacramento at lunchtime to spend a couple of hours with my great Aunt Roxie. She is so funny! She always cries out "hey kids!" when we pull up. This time she took hold of me and looked me up and down and said "hey kid!" to my belly. We are going to have to make another trip with my mom too, because Aunt Roxie wants to make a grand excursion to a baby store she recently found. We were running a bit late, so called her from the road when we were getting close, and she cried out "I'd better go put the pilaf on!" When Henry heard that it was pedal to the metal -- he loves pilaf.

No comments: