Sunday, August 12, 2007

25 week, 4 day check in


I think it has been a while since I posted anything much. I've been feeling a lot better as of lately, although unfortunately this weekend I've come down with a cold, and I can't do any of the things I'd normally do to feel better. Henry has been a superstar, keeping me on the couch, making sure I have enough fluids, and even going out to get me this wacky thing for washing out my sinuses.

I'm happy this week because my acupuncturist decided that I can cut down to one visit a week instead of two, and we'll be focusing on getting my energy back up, following such a long bout of sickness. She needles my head, my wrists, my elbow, and points in my shins and feet that are all in relation my strength. And since I started to feel like I've had PMS for six months straight, she's working with that as well. And as usual, she's made me feel like a new woman. She invited me to come to a workshop this weekend where acupuncturists were learning palpation -- a technique for feeling the fetus through the abdomen and taking measurements. I was a "model" and several practitioners worked on me. It was really interesting. They were able to feel the edges of my uterus and even listen to my placenta. It never occurred to me that my placenta would have a sound! They also predicted gender based on my pulse -- they think 'girl'. Things really have been growing exponentially in the last several days. I'm feeling kicks higher and higher in my torso, and my rib cage is starting to expand. Time for a massage!




On Friday night while Henry was off at train club, I went out to my parents' house where my mom helped me put together the face of the quilt I've been working on for the baby. I cut the pieces out a couple of months ago, but haven't had the energy to get the squares put together. While I sewed, my mom pressed the seams flat, and in the end we had the whole thing put together. I am pretty proud of it and can't wait to get the whole thing together. I went out today and got some brushed cotton for the back -- it is really soft. I just need to get some batting now, and I'll be set. Of course, my own sewing machine remains on the fritz, and I still can't bring myself to get it repaired, because the repair will cost more than the machine cost me to begin with. I wish I'd just started out with a new machine to begin with!

Henry had to move all his websites to blogs this weekend. Check them out! Choobase.com, U2NewYork.com, Trackmybucks.com, and Quotepedia.blogspot.com.

No comments: