Wednesday, November 7, 2007

38 Week Rant and Rave


Oof, I just keep getting bigger and bigger, and I'm not sure that first picture begins to do this "bump" justice... will this ever end? I'll admit to some anxiety over the last few days about how close we are to the end, but the truth is I really cannot wait. I'm tired all the time, I pee all the time, my feet and ankles swell up to unrecognizable proportions in five minutes flat, I haven't slept properly in I don't know how long, I can barely stand up from any seated position (forget it if I'm laying on my back!), not to mention the continuing nausea and acid reflux... whaaa whaaa whaaa... I find myself wondering if I am more eager to meet the kiddo or just not be pregnant anymore... sigh... (and if one more person tells me 'you think you are tired now? you may never get a full night's sleep again', I will slap said person... see above!!) That being said, I actually am enjoying pregnancy now more than I ever was up until now. But I'm still going to rant about the discomforts! I'm entitled!



Rant aside, I really truly can't imagine how there can possibly be any room left in there at all... All I feel most times is baby. It is everywhere at once, and while I thought a few weeks ago that I could no longer bend in half? Well, now I really can't bend at all, so I can't even imagine what it is going to be like the longer this pregnancy lasts.



My leave starts on friday at 5, and I can't wait. I'm not making any plans at all for next week, in some weird hope that I'll actually have a baby, but I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath either. We've still got quite a to do list outstanding, but mostly I still want to get the baby space organized. It is almost there, but not quite. Munchie's new favorite hiding space is under the crib, and Riley keeps trying to use a shelf on the changing table as his hidey-hole, so I guess we are on the right track.


No comments: