Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Good Weekend

It is already Wednesday night, but I still want to record some thoughts about the good weekend I had a few days ago. Saturday I had an unintentional day of pampering -- manicure, pedicure, eyebrow wax, and new hair! I felt like a million bucks. I felt so good that I actually wanted to eat chinese food for the first time in I have no idea how long, and it was good! and didn't make me sick! It was great!

On Sunday three of my girlfriends threw a baby shower for me and the kiddo. We held it at my parents' house and it was really fun. Most of my closest friends were there and throughout it all I kept having brilliant realizations of how lucky this kid is, to be born into such a loving community. It has four adoring grandparents, two excited uncles, two very loving and fiercely protective parents, and a multitude of extended aunties and uncles who are also anxious to meet it. It was actually kind of overwhelming -- in a good way, but overwhelming nonetheless. It was also just such a nice opportunity for me to actually see people for a change. I've been feeling a bit reclusive lately, and I'd been looking forward to the shower as an opportunity to socialize and spend time with people I love. That's exactly what I got, and it made me so happy. Tons of love to Dana, Beth, and Jen for all the love they put into the plans and execution. It was perfect.

No comments: