Thursday, January 24, 2008

Come on... You know you want to hug me!

As you can see, Hank is far happier than the last time I posted to the blog! He recovered fairly well from his shots -- I felt TERRIBLE because it wasn't until the next afternoon that I realized that he could have a fever, and turns out he did, the poor little potato. I dosed him up with baby tylenol and he spent the rest of the day sleeping on my chest as I rocked him. As much as I love spending that kind of time with him, I hated that it was because he had a fever. But he's all better now and has had a good week. I think the best part was going to Mom and Baby Yoga on Monday!

Yoga was really great -- I wasn't sure what to expect from a yoga class where you bring your little babies, but it was really fun. The class is taught by the same woman who taught my prenatal yoga class, and she is really wonderful. I was really looking forward to returning to one of her classes and it didn't disappoint at all. There were several women I remembered from my prenatal classes, and it was great to see each other and our babies. The babies rolled around on blankies while we did our yoga. No one minded if they cried or made noise. Cynthea would help with the soothing if necessary. It felt great to slow down and breathe again for the first time (it felt like the first time since Hank was born!). At one point Hank was laying on my mat and I didn't want to move him, so I did downward facing dog over it and he grinned and grinned -- I must have looked so funny to him, all upside-down on top of him!

What else have we done this week? We stopped by Grandma's office to see her there and have lunch with her and her co-workers. Everyone was wow-ed by Hank's crazy hair. We've also gone shopping for bigger diaper covers as Hank just keeps on growing. We went to see Blade Runner on Monday night -- Henry and I are so, so happy to have a nearby movie theater with a baby night. Just like the yoga class, no one can object if your baby goes off in the middle of it all. To sweeten the deal, the theater serves dinner and beer, so we feel like we've really had an evening out. The weather has been super cold so we've bundled up tight, and gone out looking for snow in the local hills, but haven't found any. We've gone for walks around the lake, and we've spent a lot of time in the activity gym on the floor. Well, Hank spends a lot of time in the activity gym, while I lay on the floor next to him and do exercises of my own. Hank still doesn't do much with the gym (or any toy, for that matter), but he's starting to notice the things dangling over him. He's also becoming a superstar at rolling from his front to his back.

Well, we just got back from our mommy's group, and I think it is about time for someone to have a meal. I can hear him in the background -- he's in his crib and he is actually cooing. He sounds like a little dove, cooing in the eaves. So funny.

Oh, one more thing -- this is fun -- he has started to really dig having his diaper changed. He starts grinning and smiling and wiggling so happily when I start to change his diaper. It is so funny! I've also found some children's CDs that he likes to listen to. I'll put them playing in the morning and start singing to him and he just lights up. I just love that!

No comments: