Thursday, April 14, 2011

First Time Playing Mini Golf

One of the greatest things about having kids is getting to experience all sorts of things as though it were the first time I was experiencing it. Taking Hank minigolfing was no exception - it was a complete delight! He didn't really get the hang of using the club to hit the ball, but he really enjoyed "helping" everyone get their balls in the holes. He just loved it so much. We haven't been again, yet, but we definitely will go again (and probably again and again and again). The experience was similar to the first time he went bowling. I think that was about a year ago. Seeing him experience things for the first time is just so much fun, it makes me feel a sense of joy and satisfaction so incredibly deep. I hope that parenting always brings this sense of joy and fun to me. If it does, then I am truly lucky in life.

No comments: