Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Another Day Is Done

After a loooooooong couple of days, the details of which I don't really care to remember so I won't be chronicling them here, Henry ditched his Ruby-on-Rails programming meeting and we went for a family walk at sun down. It was so relaxing. Now we are home, the lights are down low, I'm having some dinner, and Henry is getting Hank down to bed. I can hear him singing softly to Hank 'home home on the range' and it is melting my heart.

I work with a lot of people whose families are in sheer turmoil, whose children are being pulled in so many directions it must make their heads spin. Some days are harder than others and on those days I try to take stock of the good in my life. Today I found myself drifting in my mind to My Happy Place, and there were Henry and Hank waiting for me. I was so delighted to see them both at the end of my day.

Today I am grateful to have a lot of love in my life.

No comments: