Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I LOVE HAIRCUTS!!


I LOVE HAIRCUTS!!, originally uploaded by allthingssara.

So I posted something a few days ago about Hank needing a haircut. This time we decided we would not be doing it ourselves in the bath tub with the dull, safety scissors. Instead we took him to a Kids' barbershop. It was great! Henry sat in the barber's chair and held Hank. The hairdresser (!) wrapped Hank up in a smock, gave him a toy, and turned on a kiddie video, and then snip snip snip gave him a most excellent haircut! (this picture is from partway through the cut -- not quite finished). Hank was an excellent client -- he didn't cry at all or squirm too much, and the woman who cut his hair, well, let's just say I've never seen anyone move so fast with a pair of scissors and still have a pretty decent* haircut come as a result...

* I say pretty decent because she left it good and floppy like we'd asked, cut it very evenly, but poor Hank still wound up looking a little bit like one of the Three Stooges, which was my biggest fear. Sigh...

No comments: