Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm just a posting fool!





Do I have too much time on my hands, or just some extra energy? Not sure, but figure I may as well keep the blog up to date when I can, so here goes another post!


Hank had three cool 'firsts' this week. I already wrote about the haircut. Second, there was his first rock concert! We took him with us on Thursday night to see the Counting Crows play in Concord. We got lawn seats so it wouldn't be too loud, and Hank was able to crawl around and enjoy himself. It was really fun.


But the coolest 'first' this week was Hank's first steps! I wouldn't go as far as to say he's walking yet, but he will take a couple of steps without holding on to anything, or touching anything. It is really cool! The first time he did it I was sitting on the floor in the living room. He was pulling up on the glider, pushing it back and forth. He then pivoted towards me, raised his arms into the air, and then took two steps towards me, and -- plop!-- landed on his bottom. I was so delighted! Hank was grinning and giggling, like he knew he had done something really important. I swooped him up in my arms and gave him tons of kisses and an airplane ride to celebrate. Hooray for steps!


Overall, Hank has just been so much fun to be around these days. I can hardly get enough of him, I just want to snuggle him up and play and play. He's mostly been sleeping through the night again, but a couple of nights ago he needed me to sleep on his floor with him again, and I admit, I'd kind of missed it.


Love, love, love being a mama.

No comments: