Monday, June 25, 2007

Allll Abooooarrrd!!!

For those of you who don't know him, my husband loves trains. We took a fun excursion ride on Sunday afternoon on the Niles Canyon Railroad, a train that is operated by a club of train enthusiasts through a little canyon that runs between Fremont and Pleasanton. I've always loved driving through Niles Canyon. It is twisty and treesy and has a great creek that rushes from one end to the other. I remember visiting a regional park in that Canyon when I was a kid where the creek was dammed up, creating an enormous swimming hole. You could not get me out of the water! I think that the creek has been undammed, but we could tell from the train that there were still some good swimming holes along the creek, so you can bet we'll be heading back there soon for a dip.

The train had a great car that was open air, but covered so we didn't get too much sun. We grabbed a bench and enjoyed the air as we bounced up and down the track. It was a great way to get some air and enjoy the weather, which has been terrific. We found out as we were leaving that you can rent the caboose for private parties, so I think we know what the stowaway will be doing on at least one birthday party coming up!

No comments: