Thursday, June 28, 2007

Off to Maine

OK, I think we are ready to go. We are pretty much packed, and I've assembled a Deluxe Red Eye Survival Kit consisting of a neck pillow, a fleece blanky, a pouch of cosmetic items that I hope won't be confiscated at security, ginger, the iPod, a portable DVD player, Kleenex, and a season of the Gilmore Girls and the Simple Life. With a supply of water and frequent walks up and down the aisle, I think I'm going to be OK. We also decided I should dress as pregnant as possible and work the belly when we check in, in the hopes that the gate agent may take pity on me and bump us to first class (hey we can dream).

If I can put my trepidation about flying aside, I am really looking forward to this trip. I think we are going to have a really nice time. Henry's scoped out a beach-side minigolf that sounds like a blast, and it sounds like there are some good swimming hole opportunities. I've packed my watercolors, and I intend to use them several times, and a couple of books -- none pregnancy related. And I keep hearing murmurings about a canoe being available? Sweet.

No comments: