Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Cat in the Tub is Worth Two in the Sink?


Riley has developed a habit of not really wanting to drink water unless it comes from the faucet in the bathtub. He follows us in there at breakneck pace and meows and stares at us until we turn on the water. The only annoying part of this habit is when he wakes me up multiple times in the middle of the night by ripping our dust ruffle to shreds. Why he thinks that is going to get me to go honor his wishes for tub-fresh water, I don't know, because believe you me, I do not succumb under such circumstances! Bad cat!

Speaking of bad cats, our other feline, Monster (or as we call her more habitually "Munchie") has been developing some nasty habits of her own. She bites us! She gets all lovey dovey snuggly, and then chomp! When this first started to happen to me I was wondering if she was reacting to the pregnancy, as I have read that sometimes pets can be sensitive to those changes in an owner. Now we are just starting to thing that she's a biter. I probably should be worried about this in the context of how she is going to treat a baby, but for some reason I'm not. She's not a mean cat, she's just a bit high strung at times, and maybe just the slightest bit possessive?

1 comment:

Henry Wagner said...

That's our Riley! Seems like he only drinks from the tub these days.