Monday, June 25, 2007

Making room For Baby

We've begun the process of clearing some space in our apartment in the hopes that we'll be able to find a place to put the baby when it arrives. We've got 22 weeks to finish this project, and by the looks of things, we are going to need it! Above and below are shots of my "office" in the aftermath of culling through my book and CD collections and repositioning some bookshelves on Saturday. That is what that room has looked like since then, when I lost my steam at about 1:30 in the afternoon.


I've been needing to do this for a while, so I really don't mind much. I'm just hoping I can muster up some energy to put that room back in order before Friday, when we leave for Maine for a week. I can just picture myself forgetting about that mess, and coming home and finding it. I think my only thought would be "arrrrgh!!!"

This burst of efficiency was brought on by my husband's sudden decision to start cleaning out his bookshelves and closets because he was starting to be concerned with where we were going to put all the baby stuff. Here is his office, mid purge. Keep in mind that a few days after he began this project, he adopted a collector's enormous collection of model railroading magazines -- 20 bankers boxes worth -- and brought them home. He's planning to sell them on EBay, so theorertically, they'll be gone soon. Anyone who is interested, send me an email!

We're thinking that we are actually going to put the baby in our bedroom, in the far corner in this picture. Obviously the dressers will have to move.


In fact, a lot of furniture is going to have to move. I've been plotting out floor plans in my little notebook. Baby Tetris is a challenging game!



I think we'll be able to get organized and make some space in here, but it is going to be a tight squeeze.

No comments: